This fire was not as bad as the last one. Richard was at school and I was sleeping from working all night and had a dream that the condo was on fire. When I woke up and was still smelling smoke from my dream and the condo was cloudy. My first thought was "am I still dreaming?" I went over to a neighbors and asked her to come over and make sure I wasn't dreaming. Sure enough my condo was filled with smoke, but no flames were seen. I called 911 while she helped open windows (and now that I think about it, if there were flames opening the windows would give oxygen to the fire, thus making it bigger.) When the firemen got there I lead them to my place, they walked in and confirmed there was no flames but a lot of smoke. Of course my first priority after calling the fire department, and my parents to let them know what was going on, was to rescue the animals. The birds were easy, but trying to find two cats that are afraid of shadows let alone a crazy owner running around trying to grab at them, was difficult. I got boots and was trying to shove him into the cat carrier when he bit me. So after that I just ran out to the car and locked him in it. I never found Phee Phee.
Come to find out the condo just behind us had a grease fire that got out of control and consumed their kitchen. The fire was put out and the "only visible fire damage" was in their condo, but our condo was filled with smoke. I started having a hard time breathing and feeling light headed so I asked to be check out by the ambulance crew, which all knew Richard. It is a scary thing not being able to breathe but I knew if I started to freak out it would make it worse so I just tried to stay calm. I decided that I needed a breathing treatment and needed to make sure that there was no damage to my lungs, so I went by ambulance to PVH (home away from home).
(Picture of me in the ER, getting a breathing treatment)
It was quite embarrassing coming into the ER on a stretcher and seeing everybody. I got checked out and got some medicine to help my lungs open. I was diagnosed with chemical irritation and acute airway obstruction. It still burns a little in my lungs but I'll live. Poor Richard was stuck at school during the whole thing and couldn't get out, he finally was able to come get me at the hospital. Mean while my parents are going to work with the insurance company about getting a smoke damage assessment. And the animals are all safe and accounted for! Needless to say we aren't going up to Logan for Halloween or Dylans birthday, another holiday ruined!