Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One in a Million

I picked up my dad from the air port and took him half way home so my mom did not have to drive all the way to SLC to get him. While we were waiting we called Richard and talked to him about his new job, this was before he started. Richard has basically one phobia and that is flying. He gets nervous just going to the air port, watching plans in the sky, and even talking about flying. With his new job he will have to go to Oregon a few times for speciality training, he asked them if he could take a bus or a train but they said he is flying.

So as my dad and I were talking to Richard about flying and my dad said, "Only one in a million planes crash, and it is safer to fly than to drive."

Richards quick come back was, "Yeah and only one in a million people accidentally get defibulated also!"

My dad and I just laughed and said there was no come back for that one, he was right. So we will see if my honey really is One in a Million.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I am with Richard on that one...No flying for me either!! Congrats on the job!!

Beverlynne said...

At heart he is an adventure thrill seeker. The problem with flying is that he won't have any control of the adventure!
He'll do fine. Love ya lots, and congratulations on the job!

Natalie Resch said...

That's classic. Go Richard!!! It was great seeing you two the other day. I hope things continue to head up for you. Hey, how about you move to my neighborhood? You'd be halfway from your school and halfway from his work...just a thought :o)

Drummdown said...

No, that's better odds for him. How many of those one-in-a-million people experience both? His odds are probably one in a bazillion! ;)

Hope this helps Richard! :D