Saturday, September 19, 2009

Summer in a nut shell

This summer Richard and I have been trying to squeeze in as much play time as possible. Here is a rundown of the rest summer.


After our anniversary (06-30), was my birthday (07-11), it was low key. We went fishing at Mirror Lake with our neighbors, I just wanted to be outside and I knew Richard would love to go fishing plus our neighbor has been begging Richard to take him out, so we made it a family/friend thing and did it all together on my birthday.

Here is a picture of us at Provo Falls and our neighbors, with their very active two year old. And I love this picture of Richard climbing all over the Provo Falls.


When we picked our spot to fish I just enjoyed getting the sunshine on my face. The little boy wanted to be a big boy and he played with all the fishing poles, dad was out in the water, mom is prego, so me and Richard did what we could to keep him entertained (Good birth control.) Here is the little man "fishing."


Where we were at first, we didn't get anything worth keeping. I caught a little 6incher, oh and the funniest part was the little boy cried and ran away from the fish. It was so funny!! Richard moved us to a different lake where the guys went off fishing and the girls soaked up the sunshine. They guys caught 4 good sized fish so we took them home for dinner. Not too long after thunder heads started to roll in so we had to book it out of there. Once we made it home we went over to our neighbors for the cake and ice cream, (we went over there because our place is so not baby proof!!) It was a very pleasant birthday and although it wasn't with my family (parents and brother were in NY, sisters working in Logan) it was nice to spend it with friends.
Work and School, Work and School, Work and School, Work and School, Work and School...

Weekend 24th of July- We went up to Logan to spend it with my family because it is my parents’ anniversary. They celebrated their 27 year together. To start the day off I went to the Logan parade with my BFFs the Trappetts. As I was watching their kids run after the candy and wave to the pretty girls, and clap for the people, it brought back fond memories. I even caught a piece of candy! I was pretty excited about that.
After the parade we had lunch and then Me and my little sister and my BFF Brooke were running around town trying to find stuff to dressed up Sock Monkeys to go along with a card my little sister found for my parents anniversary. Now the funny thing is my parents were in SLC with Richard at the outdoor expo and on the way home Richard was doing all he could to stall them so we could finish the monkeys and the banner (a Powell family tradition.) It turned out great. The family went to a movie that night but I fell asleep and didn't wake up till the next morning (those sleep deprived people.)

Which the next morning was what I was waiting for all week...(wow how many "w" were in the one line? Never noticed how popular "w" is till now... look I used it again!)... Bear Lake!!!!

Sammy, Richard and I headed up in my car and the Trappetts in theirs. Now I did not think about this until we were there and Sammy said she thought about it, 25th of July everybody off work at the beach... and she wasn't kidding. It was packed, more people than I have ever seen it! We had to go way far south to find a spot and even then some people left and we hurried and took their spot, but it was worth it! The water was warm (once you got over the initial shock) and it was a nice over cast, a light breeze, just beautiful. Oh I loved it! I love the water! We played in the water a good 4-5 hours. But before we headed home we had to stop and say hi to Sammy's man. He works at Bear Lake and we had not had the opportunity to see him yet so we had to stop.

Sunday was spent at home with family, after church we got ready for family dinner which I planned with the Trappetts (whenever I come up they always come over for family dinner,) Navajo Tacos!!!!! It was great everybody loved them, James did an awesome job on the dough. Then we played games and had a blast with each other, makes me miss home with times like that.

Monday we spent with Sammy and Rob (her man), because he was unable to play with us in the water at Bear Lake he wanted to go again and there was no complaining from me. We ate lunch at his restaurant (Thanks Rob) and then went to Minnetonka Cave. While I was on the tour I was trying to remember why I thought hiking 888 stairs (total) in a wet, slippery, cold, smelly cave was fun? Still haven't figured it out other than the company I was with.

After the long exhausting hike, (look at me do I look like I do a lot of aerobic exercise? Despite my want and need to, I don’t for lack of time, working graveyards is time consuming. So to get me outside of running around the ER was quite the work out.) We played in the water!!! Richard and Rob started feeding one Seagull a piece of bread and then pretty soon there were tons of them all yapping at each other because they wanted the next piece. It was a fun and relaxing last day before going back to work and school, and I cannot wait to go back and play in the water before to gets to cold.


And so for the rest of July and so forth into August has been back to the same routine... Work and School, Work and School, Work and School, Work and School, Work and School....

Finals came and went with a breeze but unfortunately I will not be able to go to school this semester L which makes me really sad. I have been picking up lots of shifts at work to make up for that but now there are too many employees that I can’t do that anymore, so I have no clue what I am going to do to pass my time. Richard is doing great with his job, loving it and having fun. He already had to put out a fire! He still has to go on his business trip which he is not looking forward to.


I do want to give a big thank you to my sister-in-law Christie for taking care of the animals while we are way. You are the best to always do that for us, thank you, thank you, thank you a thousand times over. We owe you for it.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Aw the good times! I had such a good time with you guys too and totally miss doing it all the time LOL!! So if you don't like the cave, why on earth would I? ;) Wow there is like no one at Bear Lake when you just went with Sammy unlike when we went, but at least we still had fun and JaDee warmed up to you! Oh ya and Love the Birthday Cake!