Saturday, January 16, 2010

What a season

I know it has been a while but this holiday season has been crazy. I have tons of pictures I want to post but I don't know where my cord is to down load any of the photos! The holidays were both good and bad. I got the flu during Christmas and Ricard had to work. We were able to have Christmas morning together and it was a lot of fun. This was the first year we could actually get each other and our family something. Richard and I spoiled each other and we had plenty of gag gifts.

For New Years, Richard had to work, luckily it was the day shift, we spent the evening with Richards aunt and uncle and cousins. We played games, ate snacks and had fun with family. We also got to watch Zahara for New Years and watched her for a few days. She is so cute and a lot of fun to babysit, but she is also good birth control :)

I am still at the hospital in the emergency room working graveyards. I love working there because I learn so much each time. I have worked in the ER for a year and half and have always let the stronger persons do compressions for CPR, well I finally had my turn. I have been in plenty of codes but have always done the running, this time it was me, a nurse and a firer fighter. The nurse got some meds out, I called the alarm while the firer fighter did compressions. It is very exhausting doing CPR and the firer fighter needed a rest, I had no choice but to jump in. I was nervous because I don't feel that I have enough strength to do a good job, that is why I let the strong people do it rather than me, but I jumped in and did the best I can. I am also back in school this semester and I am so happy for that, I have been going crazy without it.

Richard is finally on shift at ATI, which means he has a very set schedule with both days and nights. Because the company is just starting up there are a lot of quirks, which means accidents, which equals a very busy Richard. He has already used his ambulance, his HazMAT stuff, and fire equipment. I think it is safe to say that he is in his element at work.

We want to let everyone know we are both doing well, and our life is going to get really busy again this year. But it is on purpose, so sorry to all our friends and family if you don't hear much from us. We have high hopes for this year. . . So bring it on!!

3 comments:

Meandering Mel said...

Good job on getting back into school. That's fantastic! :)

(Babysitting the nieces and nephews is the PERFECT birth control. They're cute, but when they start to fuss, I pass them back to their parents. :) )

Megs said...

I totally agree with you Melissa!!!

Jennifer Sciore said...

I am so glad you finally updated! Hard to believe, but I have never done chest compressions either! I always want to and really should just jump in, but I don't know if my guns could get the blood a flowin~.