Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving, Black Friday and an Early B-day for Richard

THURSDAY:
I didn't get any pictures of Thanksgiving because I was too busy eating good food and talking with family. We spent Thanksgiving with Richards maternal side this year. It was a lot of fun and I just love his family. The only down side to Thanksgiving was his Grandfather is going through Kemo, so he kept himself away from others for health reasons and for those same reasons some of the family stayed away. Although not everyone was there our thoughts were with them. We had a lot of good food and Richard bought an organic turkey from a 4-H group.

FRIDAY:
After Thanksgiving is BLACK FRIDAY, one of my favorite shopping day. I don't know why it is, but it is a lot of fun the running, dashing, pushing, waiting it makes it all worth while when you get that good deal. I went to Wal Mart mostly to get $2 towels. Yep $2 towels, I went to rush around people and wait in line for an hour for $2 towels. I spent more money that day on towels then anything else, LOL. We now have every color of towel Wal Mart offers. The only problem with waiting to buy towels is I missed out on a present I wanted to get Richard at another store, oh well at least we will be dry!!!

After all the Black Friday shopping Debi (Richards mom, up for Thanksgiving) took us out for a birthday dinner at Joe's Crab Shack, Richards pick. It is a week early for his birthday but Debi was here so it worked out for everyone. Vanessa and Alyssa came too because they had never been there and we went to see New Moon after dinner. Yep that's right I saw New Moon for a third time! Richard was nice enough to go to that movie for his birthday because everyone else wanted to see it.


Me and Richard


Vanessa and Alyssa



Debi




Its hard to see but thats me at the New Moon poster for my Third showing.

SATURDAY:
My family in Logan deiced to post pone their Thanksgiving until Saturday when we could come up and be with them. They also don't do the traditional turkey dinner, this year we had a delicious prime rib. They also celebrated Richards birthday a week early cause we were already up there. In my family we have a tradition of making a birthday banner which we have to get our picture by and Richard had the longest banner we have every made, it went across one whole side of the living room. I couldn't get it all in a picture. He got a dutch oven with all the tools he needs, a camping shovel, Rubbermaid containers (personal joke), a camping ice cream ball (which is really cool) and a Snuggie. I forgot my camera so I used my moms and pictures will come later.

Here is a picture of Richard in his Snuggie, thanks Sammy and Andrea

2 comments:

Natalie Resch said...

Sounds like you had a great time! It was fun going to the Forgotten Carols and then dinner afterwards! I like adult time a lot :o)

Drummdown said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! Miss you all. Give huges to everyone for me. :o]