Monday, November 10, 2008

Some thoughts from church

I really like my ward there are so many wonderful people that have strong testimonies and I can really feel the spirit. Something that was said last week I have been dwelling on, it was said in Sunday school, we were reading in 3rd Nep. about the coming of the Lord and the teacher got on the subject of being worldly. She said that she has to constantly remind herself not to worry about the bills, and cleaning the house, working, worrying about the daily things because all it is ... is just a worldly worry. It really hit me because it seems like all I do is worry about the worldly things, so much that it cause me to have major stress and causes me and Richard to argue some times. My mother gave me a picture a long time ago and it says,
"We are not Human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are Spiritual beings having a human experience."
I correlate that with what was said in Sunday school. I need to stop being so worldly and start focusing on being a spiritual being. I hung that picture in my bedroom, because I need the constant reminder to stop being worldly.

Another thing that was said yesterday was about Trials.... how trials are given to us to help us turn to the Lord to over come them. We are given trials to learn something, gain something from it. I started to cry because I know I have not turned to the Lord enough to help us over come our trials. I am trying to take it all upon myself without turning to the Lord for help. I feel like that lesson was directed towards me as a wake up call. Richard is his own person I don't try to tell him how/what he should do as far as the gospel is concerned. (I do however express my feelings about the church, my desires for him and my longing to be sealed.) But I think it is high time I turn to the Lord more often for help!

3 comments:

Natalie Resch said...

I too have a problem with worrying about wordly things. Wow, what a lesson and a reminder. I hope everything works out for your two with jobs and such. Remember, I am only a phone call away!

Teagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beverlynne said...

Remember that both sets of parents love you--your Earthly parents and your Heavenly parents.