Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If we did not have bad luck, we would not have any luck at all.

It is only February the second month and all ready we have had two major events this year, first in January was the car accident and now Richard had a seizure.

Yep that's right Richard had a tonic clonic seizure (grand mal) today. I came home from work at 6:30am slept for an hour then went to school from 8-11am. When I came home and straight to my bed Richard came and snuggled with me then he started shaking. His eyes were rolled back into his head, he was was chattering, he was tonic (which is when the muscle tense up) and clonic (which is twitching) it lasted about 2 minuets. I called 911 because I knew there was nothing I could do, except keep his air way open, and I wanted to know why he had one. He was in a post-ictal state (the drained sleep) for a couple mins while EMS was coming. I felt bad because while he was waking up he had EMS guys standing over him asking questions, hooking him up to all of the machines, he was confused and out of it. At the hospital, my home away from home, all the test came back normal but come to find out that one of the new medications he started last week has a side effect of seizures. Richard has to see a neurologist to double make sure everything is okay.

It was really scary, something I never want to go through again. I am so glad he is okay and we found out what was causing it.

3 comments:

Ashlee Bair said...

oh megs, that sounds so scary, hopefully it's just the medicine! I'm so sorry, isn't life just crazy! And yes, lyle is a volunteer firefighter for richmond city but he hopes to become full time in the future!

Brooke said...

Oh My Heavens girl...I am so glad that Richard is ok that must of been horrible!! Hugs and Kisses to the both of ya

Ashlee Bair said...

So, me and shannon were talking on facebook today and i think we all need to meet up somewhere and hang out? What is your schedule like? Will have to plan a time in march or april? I think it'll be so much fun so let me know! When is spring break?