Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day

We had Valentines Day early this year because surprise surprise I had to work. But it was wonderful. We have never really done anything but this year we both went all out. Some time this last year Richards favorite sweater went missing. It was a Unified Fire sweater that a captain gave him, I wanted to get him a new one because I knew how much he loved it. The blue one he is wearing is just like his old one and I got him another one.

Richard told me he had to put together my present when I was at work, but I got put on call so I went out grocery shopping. When I came home this is what he "put together." It was above our bed, it is written out in candy kisses. Isn't he sweet!!!
In the jewelry box was my wedding ring, it had broken prongs and a chipped diamond. Richard had it fixed and surprised me with it. It was a wonderful surprise.

We went to a fancy restaurant for a late lunch and made it to a matinee movie. Sweet and simple, the best valentines day we have had together. I love him so much!!!

9 comments:

*Chelsey* said...

It sounds like you guys went all out! I love valentine's Day!! I love the pictures and his chocolate kiss idea was cute. How fun!

Natalie Resch said...

Awe! That is awesome! I wish we could've joined you two at Rodizio, but I went to Logan. Next though, promise!

Brooke said...

Oh how precious is that...He did such a good job!! Love to the both of ya!

Ashlee Bair said...

hey, is your husband a fire fighter too? If so him and lyle would really get a long!

Brooke said...

Megs...Nope I didn't mix up the pics. Nikki has put on 6 pounds so she is very chunky and on a diet, so now Hollee is little again he he!! Loveyas

Brooke said...

Megs...Look very closely at the faces and you can tell LOL! But I do believe it's been a really long time since you've been here so maybe you should come up and then you will know for sure on the doggies!! Loveyas

Beverlynne said...

What a great present for Richard. I know who much he liked that sweatshirt, and you received a great present too!

Beverlynne said...

change the "who" to "how"

Meandering Mel said...

That is so sweet of him!
I'm glad you guys had a great V-day together!! :)