Friday, March 20, 2009

And then there was March

People tell me that my blog is sad and I post a lot of bad news, but unfortunately that is my life right now and all the news I have. Which brings me to March.

After the fun and exciting seizure Richard had in Feb we have been going from doctor to doctor, test to test. And nothing has been confirmed or denied about seizures. And the more exciting doctors visit he had this month was the pain clinic to help get his chronic shoulder pain. He was really excited about it wasn't concerned about the seizure. He had a visit and they deiced on an non-invasive procedure. Richard was so excited.. and when he came out he said he was "achy" but the "pain" was gone.

Well a couple of hours after the procedure he was laying on the couch all grumpy, I was sick in the bed with the flu. I had to call in sick to work, which I absolutely hate because people are counting on me, but I could not move. Richard came in all mad and said the pain was unbearable but it was a different pain it was all the way down his arm. He was so upset and in pain he was rolling around on the ground. I jumped up and called all his doctors but all of the clinics were closed. So I took him to an Urgent care, which is a complete waist of time, and they gave him a shot and a prescription for meds to last until he gets into the doctors the next day.

He goes to the doctors by himself, because I was to sick to move, and tells the doctor what is going on and the doctor said... Here is the kicker... he might have nicked a nerve when he did the pain block. Richard came home devastated and said he would rather live with the shoulder pain rather than the whole arm pain. I talked to the doctor the next day because I was so upset I wanted to scream and the doctor told me that he looked over everything and he couldn't have nicked a nerve but a muscle spasm could be the problem and Richard needed to rest and help his body calm down from the procedure two days ago.

Well anybody who knows Richard knows if there is something he wants he will do it. And he went snowboarding with my sister and it hurt him bad so he spent the next three days in bed in Logan.

He is doing a lot better now, the pain is still there but he said it is going away. And the should pain is still there but had decreased a lot. He said he would be willing to go through the arm pain again if it will get rid of the shoulder pain. Ironic how pain can influence a person isn't it? So we are back to our same routine now back to doctors and test. Hopefully we will have answers soon!!

And here comes April.....

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm really sorry to here about Richard!! But on the other hand thank you so much for spending the weekend with us! The kids miss you and so do I! Can't wait til the next time we get to party! Loveyas