Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby Names

Before any one has a heart attack (aka parents) I am not pregnant a co-worker is. She is having a baby girl, it is late at night, I am at work, and I am bored; so you get to read my ramblings about baby names. I realized my favorites begin with A.

Annyston or Annaston -- nik name "Anna or Annie". This name Richard came up with. He had a dream a long time ago his first child was a girl named Annaston. I am totally down with it, I just don't know how to spell it and I worry about her getting teased or saying she was named after Jennifer Anniston. Nope not at all!!!

Alexis-- nik name "Lex or Lexy." I love this name, I don't know why but I do. Last year I was into the show "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" and they have a little Alexis and she has an attitude, made me love it even more. (And no I liked the name way before the show)

Alice -- nik name "Al or Ally." This name I like a lot too, I had a school mate named Alice and she was so bubbly and had a great personality. One of my favorite shows has a girl named Alice and she is bubbly, and my new found love of Twilight there is a Alice and she is bubbly. I love it, maybe if I have a girl named Alice she will be bubbly and have a fun personality.

Here are the names that dont start with A.

Paiton -- I don't know what her nik name would be. This name at first I didn't like but the more and more I heard it the more and more I liked it. And now I love it.

Cambria -- nik name "Cammie." One of my friends is SLC named her little girl this and I think it is adorable.

Skyler -- nik name "Sky." I know it is more commonly a boys name but I think it will make a beautiful girls name. But my sister in law loves it too, so we will have to see who gets it first.

Ryan -- nik name "Ray." I loved this for a girl since I was a teenage when me and my mother were talking about it. But because we had a roommate it totally ruined it for us. It makes me sad because I still love the name but every time I hear it I think of that awful man.

What do you guys think? (I need something to read tomorrow night so please write me a story about the names, I don't mind.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will leave you a little story for you to read tonight. I loved your names (except ryan, will explain) and their spellings. You have cute names, what does Richard think of them?
Now the reason for not liking the name Ryan. I actually LOVED the name Ryan and wanted to name my little one that. Then I started dating a Ryan, acutally 3 Ryan's in a row, but the first one was the pits. I liked him and we talked marriage and then I found out that he was a COMPLETE MAMA'S boy. no joke, every time his mom said for him to do something in our relationship he jumped and did it. I think it is funny now and am so grateful that his mommy made him break-up with me because now I have Leon and the kids. Much better man, plus I have BROOKE!!! hahaha. Anyway so that is the LONG story, just for fun for you to have something to read. I hope you are doing well and Richard too. I love to read your blog, sorry I don't comment a lot but right now with Leon looking for work he hogs the computer. I sure love that man!! Chow for now!! Have a good night!!

Natalie Resch said...

I think Annaston is cute! I also like the name Sarah, but hey, I am partial to that name. I think Bailey is cute as well, but that is a name Jordan would never go for. He is totally a Hebrew name sort of guy. I once told him I was going to open the bible up, point to a page, and whatever the name was that would be the name of our child. Of course he shrugged the suggestion off, but I was serious. I love Celtic names too, like Owen. But, hence, Jordan doesn't. The woes of baby names!! Good thing we're not having a kid soon, that would be a cause for another dozen debates!

Brooke said...

Well My dearest Megs. I like all the names. The good thing about Alice is that is Nana's name so you have my vote on that, plus I like Annyston, Paiton, and Cambria! But I say you and Richard sit down and decide together, and a name will come...okay so there are alot of girl names you like...What about a boy?? What do you think of Janikka Kennedy Trappett for a girl...if we ever have another one and here are a few boy names we like...Jraydin, Jaydin, James loves Jagger(YUCK. Well those are the names we came up with for Baby #3 but who know there are more names out there for a boy! The more and more I think about it I really like Annyston and Paiton those are my top favs!! Oh my Gosh I almost for got to tell you....and no I'm not pregnant but Grandma got her Breathing tube taken out today, We were so excited and she is doing really good and can finally talk to us and we can understand her again. Dude I sure love that women! Anyways So how is work? Are you having a good time?? What you been up too? How is Richard?? How are the Cats?? Have I told you how much I love you and thanks for being such an amazing Best Friend!! You are one of a kind and I sure miss you...3 weekends in a row seeing you was so exciting and by George now I have to go forever before I see you again!! Okay well I think you will have plenty to read tonight...so don't get too bored and always remember I wuv you mega boob :)Hugs and Kisses!


*Kristina, dude I love ya sista from another mista and I am so glad you married Leon instead of that other dude!! Loveyas*