Saturday, March 21, 2009

Open mouth... insert foot. I did it again!!!!

I have done this before, thought I was the rebel, not following the crowd, but then I had to swallow my pride and admit I was wrong.

Back when Transformers the movie came out I had no desire to see it. I did not want to be one of those people that talked about it all the time, especialy the guys. I protested against the movie for almost two months. Then Richard asked if we could go see it with his friends and I agreed. During the movie I was on the edge of my seat, in total awe of the movie. When it was over I said I loved it and I got the "I told you so" from Richard. I felt stupid because I loved it so much but I had protested against it when it came out.

When Twilight came out years ago, I protested it. I did not have time to read a story about Vampires. It became such a fuss that I wanted nothing to do with it, but I was told by everyone that it was amazing and I had to read the books and once I started reading one I had to read them all. For that reason I didn't want too. People would tell me left and right about how amazing they all were. I did not care!

Well last week when I was visiting my family in Logan, I was talking to Andrea (my youngest sister) and she was rereading the whole seris again. I asked her why? And she said as did everyone else, that she loved them. She told me to read it and I would understand why. So I took Twilight and I started reading it. The first night fell asleep reading it, the next day I thought "it isn't that good." But the next night I read 100 pages, I couldn't put it down!!! I wanted to read it more but we had things to do. When Richard and I got back home I had to go to work and I took the book hoping to get at least a chapter. But it was busy and the book sat on the counter in front of me taunting me the entire night. The next night I did not have to work so I read, I read all night, I couldn't sleep and I wasn't tired. I finished Twilight at 3am. I sat there stunned, I needed the next book. So I went to wal mart, I was wide awake why not? By 4am I was back in my bed and started the New Moon. I had to force myself to put it down at 7am so I could sleep. I took it with me all day, we went to Richards doctor appointments and I sat and read in the waiting room. I was stuck in it. That night I told Richard I wanted to see the movie because the book was still so fresh in my mind. **I HATED the movie, I absolute hated it. I was so disapointed I left in discuss. I hope the rest of the books dont turn into horrible movies too.**

By Thursday night I was reading New Moon, I planned to stay up all night reading agian because I dont sleep at night. But I got asked if I wanted to go to work and do a 1:1 (sitter) I thought since I am going to be up all night reading anyway I might as well get paid for it. After my 10 hour shift I was done with New Moon.

And here is where I swallow my pride and let all those people who told me to read it. . . You were right!! I LOVE IT!!!! You would think that I would learn the first time with the Transformers movie, but I didn't. And I LOVE IT!!!! Thank you Andrea!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Rockwood said...

Yeah me too. When Rachel told me about it a few years ago I laughed at her. Come on a love story about vampires. But I love it as well. I also was disappointed in the movie. The new director might make a better movie, right? Fingers crossed!

Natalie Resch said...

Ah, you've become a bitten fan!! Welcome to the club! I am a total fan, but I don't like Breaking Dawn. That was my least favorite and it took me 4 days to read just because I forced myself to finish. The others I read in 3 days flat, all 3 books. I know, crazy, but I read really fast.