Saturday, May 16, 2009

Oh the nurses I work with.

I love my job, not just because of what I do, but also because of the people I work with. There are some amazing nurses that I would trust my life with, and to be fair there are those that scare me. But all in all they are awesome.

One nurse that works on the floor is from the Philippines, but she speaks her native language Tagalic, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, English and is now learning Spanish. She had to recertify her RN degree in four different countries. She is a great nurse and I love to work with her. Another nurse on the floor is Cambodian, and she speaks something like four languages also. A nurse in the ER is Taiwan, she speaks like eight languages. It is amazing what these women have accomplished. One of the best things about working with these nurses is the food! Yep that’s right authentic homemade food. You haven’t tasted Chinese food until you have tasted the home made good stuff.

The ER nurse made five different dished from the five different places she has lived, and oh my gosh!!! I have to admit I did not like all of it but at least I tried it. Growing up we ate Jicama raw but she cooked it and made a dish with it. Way cool, if you can’t tell I am super excited about it. I will never be able to look at Panda Express the same.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Well...Lets get a pic of you and JaDee together and then I will dedicate a blog post for you and her!! HE HE