Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Up date on Richards health

I am at work and nothing is happening and I have been on the blog probably four times by now flipping through blogs just trying to pass the time. It is funny to see how many people are up this late at night and post! There has been a new post each time I have gone through them. I haven't up dated on Richard's accident in a while so I thought you guys should know that...

Workman's comp has finally settled! YAY, right? It wasn't what we had hoped for. We mostly wanted Richard "fixed" but they are coming back saying they can't find anything wrong with him. Its hard watching him suffer some days more than others, but he is getting strong being off the pain meds. They are paying for 80% of the medical bills and giving him money for the time he has been off. It is not anything exciting but enough to help us move past the accident. Everyone says he should get a lot more money and sue the people that did this to him, but it isn't that easy at all. Unfortunately Utah is a state that works for the companies and not the injured people. I am just thankful that the worst is behind us (I keep my fingers crossed for that one,) and we can move on together!

It has been hard over the last two years and there are so many people to thank for help and support. I feel awful that we haven't gotten out cards or letters to people but with how things were going I didn't have time for sleep. Thank you to all those who said prayers on our behalf and those that put our names in the Temple. It really helped. I am oh so grateful to all our family and friends that helped us out financially when things got tough. It has been a long hard road. Just think this chapter of "Our Story" is almost over and we can start another one. Baby? Finishing school? Moving? Changing? Who knows!!! I am just ready to move on!!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wahoo time to move on AND move to Logan Hurray LOL