Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some People

Some thing happened to me at work the other day and I have to tell you about it. There is a committee to help improve the staffs attitude towards the patients and I asked to be on it because I thought working nights this would be a good way to keep in touch with whats going on with the hospital as well as I have some ideas I think would really help things I thought of back 6 months ago when I worked in the ED before they transferred me. Well to make a long dramatic story short I was told that I have to dedicated to the committee and it takes a lot of leadership. Me and leadership... never heard of it!! At first it made me up set but then it just made me laugh that some people can be so ignorant exceptionally to what they don't know. Oh well I like my job, I like working with people and that will never change. Just some people!

5 comments:

Beverlynne said...

Girl, you have more leadership ability and experience in your little finger than the egocentric nurse who got upset that you wanted to join the committee! If only she knew your leadership history. This is a perfect example of open mouth insert foot! Love ya!

Barbara said...

I would love to comment..but I think I can't...
I think I am blocked?
Loving your job is a very big plus in your life...some people go a lifetime hating what they do everyday...you are blessed:)
Aunt Barbara
Let's see if this works...

Barbara said...

HOOOOO Ray....... it worked!!!
You will hear from me again:)
Have a great day.
AB

Natalie Resch said...

Hey, politics and daft people are everywhere you go. You can't avoid them and you sure as heck can't ignore them! Just know you have lots of friends who know you better than they do! Just yesterday someone told me I had issues with authority and I was a push-over?!! If they only knew me they'd think otherwise. I give respect when needed and take control when needed--that doesn't sound like a push over to me.

Travis and Ashley said...

Hi! I have been meaning to comment forever, but keep forgetting to. Anyways, it was great to hear from you. I don't think I have met any of travis' cousins on his dad's side so it is always good to hear from you!

I always hated those people that think they know everything! You are a good sport, I would have said something I regretted. :)