Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...

Today Richard and I had our biannual visit to the dentist for teeth cleaning and Richard hates the dentist more like loathes the dentist. I actually love going to the dentist and getting the clean feeling. I have good news and bad news. Good news I had a cavity at my last appointment but we did not have the money to fix it but now it has remineralized. The bad new I am still grinding my teeth at night wearing them down(something I have done my whole life,) and I need to get a new mouth guard.

OH but Richard... Richard... Richard... Richard... At his last EMT class he was assisting with properly handling a seizure patient and the patient was a great actor demonstrating muscle ridgity and punched Richard in a open mouth. Well the punch landed right in Richards front tooth breaking the plate and the one next to it. Well it got infected and now Richard needs two root canals. The Ironic part is our insurance does not cover anaesthesia! It is going to cost us an arm and an leg so all Richard is getting for Christmas is his two front teeth!!!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

That's awesome!! James just went to the dentist today too and had 4 back bottom teeth pulled! and when they heal he will have dentures where they pulled the BAD and I mean Bad teeth out!! My poor honey is in sooo much pain!! Anyways Tell Richard I'm so glad he is going to get his two front teeth for Christmas LOL!! Loveyas

Natalie Resch said...

Ah-oh! I can't believe that! Sorry Richard! If you need a good endodontist, I can reccomend one to you in SLC who isn't too pricey. I have had 5 root canals, 2 endontic surgeries, and many cavities...thank my parents for the wonderful genes they gave me!! Just don't smile afterwards for a bit, you'll be sore!

Beverlynne said...

OH THE IRONY! YOU JUST GOTTA LUV IT!

Beverlynne said...

Tell Richard we have 8 teeth to spare at our house. See Powell-land blog for explanation.

Drummdown said...

what's with everyone seeing the Dentis on Christmas. Is everyone mixing up the Tooth Fairy w/ Santa!

LOL You're Mom's comment is funny.