Monday, December 22, 2008

Richard got a calling.....

At church yesterday the Bishop pulled Richard into his office to talk to him for a minute, then came and got me. The Bishop said his name came up when talking about the Sunday School presidency (WHAT!!!). So Richard was asked to be the 2nd counselor for Sunday School (HUH??). Mine and Richards first reaction was, "Now he has to stay for all of church." People that know Richard know that religion has been something very hard for him and he usually goes for Sacrament meeting then leaves. I was dumb founded, Richard in Sunday School presidency (WOW). I didn't know if I should laugh or cry because now he is going to have to jump right into church and stay the entire time but he is also going to stand up in front of every one and welcome them to Sunday School. Once again the Irony of Richards situation. I have high hopes for him, so everyone please pray on his behalf and we will see what happens!!

3 comments:

Teagan said...

THat is GREAT!! I am so happy for him. It really makes a difference when you feel involved or included in a ward. both of you will be in our prayers! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Brooke said...

Oh my how exciting Richard and Megs!! Wow that is just so darn exciting!! And WOMEN you didn't call me to tell me!! Grrr anyway wow that's exciting Congrats Richard, you can do it!!

Beverlynne said...

Awesome calling for Richard! Our congrats!