Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Version of Little Miracles

Late at night at my job it gets pretty boring and I have nothing to do but surf blogs, and I came across one "Little Miracles" on my cousin Tyler and Desiree's blog. I also just read an email about making it in hard times from President Packer, reading both of these really touched me and made me realize that I talk about all of the negative stuff going on in our lives right now and none of the positive. It was a humbling experience. Here are some of the things I would consider my little miracles.

First, I want to say thank you to my cousin for sharing those experiences with us and for making me realize all the "Little Miracles" in my life. It was what I needed to hear right now.

Second, with Richard it is easy to point out all the things that are "wrong" with him and I mean that in a medical way. But besides all of his struggles he is a very smart man. He has to retake all of his EMT and EMT-I classes and he is getting the highest grade in the class. To some they could say its because he has taken it before, but I would have to say because he has a "common sense" for that sort of thing. We were talking in the car just today about this. If he could he would follow every one of his patients until they left the hospital because he cares about them. He has an amazing heart and as much as health care workers get numb to their job and start to hate the patients (don't let it fool you every health care worker does some point in their career,) he will always be there to help and that is something I find absolutely amazing about him. And another thing with all of his medical problems it is a miracle in and of itself that he is still here with us. There have been moments when I thought he wasn't going to make it, but he did and I thank my Heavenly Father that he has kept Richard with me. He is doing better with the pain even though it is really hard on him physically, but I am very proud of him.

Third miracle is my parents. They have been one of the leading support in our lives. They have helped us with more things than we could ever repay to them. I love them very much and am so thankful for them. Richard came from a broken home and it has been a transition for him to get use to the involvement of my family, but he has grown and secretly I think he is starting to enjoy it. ;-)

I love my husband and my family so very much words can not be used to describe it. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for what we have, even though it may not be much right now.

I love you all....

Meghann

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I love you too...and I am also so thankful for our little miracles too!! When something happens to someone else it really makes you think...and thank Heavenly Father for the blessings that we have in our life!! Love you Megs and Richard

Brooke said...

Meghann...I just really want to tell you that I love you soooo much and thank you for being my best friend and for always being there for me and my family!! I love you
Love Brooke

Natalie Resch said...

I have to agree with you Megs. I like your little bit about little miracles because I believe everyone has a miracle ion their life whether then realize it or not. You two have been blest and I always tell myself things could always be worse. Loves-ya Megs! Natalie

Beverlynne said...

Meg, you are blessed in more ways than you might realize. You have great friends who have always been there for you. I am grateful for them and the support they lend to you and Richard! Thanks Brooke and Natalie--I hope you know that you will always be a part of our "family."